From the kindergarden, we have been taught when to wash our hands. It has now become even more necessary to wash our hands regularly due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Hence, healthcare organizations have introduced various guidelines to refresh their memories of basic handwash techniques.
It is also a necessity to wear face masks that prevents the virus from entering through the mouth and nose. You must know how and when to wear the mask and which mask would help you to protect yourself from the virus. It is proven that N95 masks are the best protectors from the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
You can wash your hands with any soap but while buying N95 masks you must make sure that it is FDA approved to confirm its authenticity. If you are still unsure about where to buy it, Custom Earth Promos is the best choice. They are one of the finest manufacturers of eco-friendly face masks and reusable bags made of natural and recyclable materials.
They are based in Delray Beach, Florida State, USA but you can buy their products online. To purchase FDA approved N95 masks online to prevent yourself from catching the virus, visit: https://www.customearthpromos.com/health-wellness/disposable-face-masks.html
When and how to wash your hands?
As SARS-CoV-2 can stay on surfaces for a longer time, we must make sure we wash our hands regularly after visiting a public space, touching surfaces in public places, sneezing and coughing, recycling thrash, before touching your face, before and after eating, feeding your child or pet, and cooking.
According to an experiment at a workplace, proper handwashing prevented 20% fewer sick days. It is also proven that up to 97% of people wash their hands incorrectly. Here’s how you should wash hands correctly:
- Turn on the tap and wet your hands to produce better lather from the soap for cleaning.
- Apply liquid or bar to your hands and spread the lather to your wrists, between fingers, on nails, and fingertips.
- Rub your hands for at least 20 seconds and rinse well.
- Dry your hands using a clean and dry towel.
Use hot or warm water to wash your hands as heat kills bacteria.
How to properly use your face mask?
COVID-19 is an infectious disease and can be spread through air and mouth. Wearing a face mask will not be of any help if it is not worn properly. Here’s how to use a face mask properly:
- Know which mask you should wear. Surgical masks are for cold and fever whereas N95 respirators approved by the FDA are for preventing diseases like COVID-19.
- Know which is the outward and the inward side by looking at the color of the mask. If it is not a color-coded look at the instructions.
- Let the metal strip on top of your mask sit on the bridge of your nose and loop your mask around the ears. Make sure you cover your chin and mouth.
- Don’t touch the outer side of the mask while removing it and don’t twist the loops to figure eight.
- Don’t remove your mask while talking to others.