Did you know that your eyes can reflect overall health? Signs and symptoms of eye problem include red eyes, itchy eyes, watery eyes, and more. Even poor nutrition can contribute to several eye disorders. Careprost and some other Bimatoprost formulations are now available to treat eye conditions like glaucoma.
A lot of people deal with eye problems at one time or another. Some are temporary and resolves their own or are easy to treat with the help of home remedies. The other requires an ophthalmologist’s care. There is a range of symptoms of eye problems, including severe redness, itchy eyes, dry eyes, blurry vision, and other eye discomforts. Nutrition deficiency can also lead to several eye health issues. Other medical conditions like diabetes mellitus and certain allergies can also contribute to eye problems. Let us have a look at some health problems that your eye could be indicating.
So, it is all in the eyes!
Your eyes can give clues to your health. Here are some warning signs that your eyes could be showing signs of:
- Poor nutrition – Several studies have shown how retinal cells in the eye become damaged due to nutritional deficiencies. An unhealthy diet, including cholesterol-enriched food, high fat can contribute to eye threatening problems which lead to a loss of vision. Various factors can cause eye problems, but poor nutrition is one that is easier to fix than others. Deficiency of vitamin A, B12, C, D, E, and zinc can cause noticeable, the problematic symptoms in your delicate eyes. Deficiency of vitamin D could cause dry eye problem. This makes it difficult for your eyes to produce tears. Some may also feel sensitivity towards lighter than normal. Night blindness could be a sign of vitamin A deficiency. Likewise, you may develop a range of eye problem due to nutritional deficiency. Ask an ophthalmologist if dietary changes or supplements will help to improve your eyesight.
- Allergies- If you have allergy issues, then you may deal with itchy, red, or watery eyes. Do not suffer from irritable allergies; visit an eye doctor who can prescribe you eye treatments that are suitable for your eyes. An appropriate eye treatment soothes the problem and keeps your eyes comfortable year around.
- Liver Problems- Yellowing of the white portion of your eyes can be a sign of hepatic insufficiency. You should seek immediate medical help to identify the root cause of your problem. A general physician or an eye doctor can confirm whether your liver is functioning properly and make sure your eyes are healthy.
- Diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol – Diabetes can be seen in the eyes. Yes, you have heard it right. Initial changes in people with diabetes include fluctuations in vision, during the time, when people with diabetes experience high blood sugar, blurry vision often develop in some patients. Sometimes changes in the vision could be related to general ageing, but there are possibilities of uncontrolled systemic disease. Raised pressure in the blood vessels can appear as damaged blood vessels that can be easily observed in the eye. The damaged blood vessels cause haemorrhages and leaking that can be visible during eye exams. The build-up of cholesterol is one of the easiest things to pick up in an eye examination by an eye doctor. Eye complications associated with high cholesterol usually appear in the front of the eye.
- Cancer- You may be unaware of the fact that ultraviolet rays, which are not visible, may reach your skin and eyes and may affect them. One of the most common types of eye cancer is ocular melanoma. However, eye cancer is rare. Your eye doctor may perform a test to check for sun damage and recommend wearing sunglasses with UV protection when you are outdoors. This way, you can shield your eyes from the damage of harmful UVA and UV B rays.
- Autoimmune disease- Dry eyes can be related to a medical condition that affects your body’s defense system. Sjogren’s syndrome is an immune system disorder characterized by two most common symptoms- dry mouth and dry eyes. Your eyes might itch, burn, or feel gritty if there is something in your eyes. Dry eye can further lead to blurred vision, severe light sensitivity, and corneal damage. An autoimmune disease or an immune system disease develops when your immune system mistakenly attacks your body cells and tissues.
Your eyes are not just considered windows to your soul, but also indicate unhealthy you. Improving your eye health is important, around 11 million people in the USA over age 12 require some vision correction, but it’s just one of the reasons to get an eye check-up done. A routine eye examination is crucial for determining eye disorders at an early stage and preserving your vision. If you have not fixed an appointment with an eye doctor, do it now. In cases of rapid onset of glaucoma, immediate treatment is essential to minimize or avoid permanent vision loss. Many eye disorders can occur at any age, but some eye problems occur more frequently among older individuals. Unfortunately, ageing can be a risk factor for a certain type of eye problems that can lead to blindness.
Eye disorders are common but often go unnoticed for a long time because many do not show symptoms at first. An eye exam m by an ophthalmologist or an eye doctor is necessary to find an eye disorder in the early stages when treatment to prevent vision loss is possible. When your vision is not what it used to be, there are ways to get back your eye health back on track. You should be cautious if any of these common problems sound familiar. Therefore, it is necessary to get a check-up done, especially if your symptoms are bad and do not disappear within a few days. Eye drops like Careprost Bimatoprost are often the first choice for treating patients with glaucoma and hypotrichosis. Women often buy Careprost Bimatoprost for promoting their eyelash length naturally. Consult your doctor before using any medicinal product.